Eight Things God Does for Those Who Love Him
“Because he has loved Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him securely on high, because he has known My name. He will call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him. With a long life I will satisfy him and let him see My salvation.” Psalm 91:14-16
Faith, love, and confidence in God grow with the continual confession of His Word. Take time to read Psalm 91 out loud and see the amazing promises distilled in this chapter.
1. HE WILL DELIVER YOU. God has designed and fashioned us to love Him. As we love Him, He will deliver us — even from temptation.
2. HE WILL SET YOU SECURELY ON HIGH. “The Lord is my strength, and He has made my feet like hinds’ feet, and makes me walk on my high places.” (Habakkuk 3:19). This is the God we serve!
3. HE WILL ANSWER YOU. “Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know” (Jeremiah 33:3). Prayer is wonderful — when we call on God, He will answer!
4. HE WILL BE WITH YOU IN TROUBLE. Just as God was with Daniel in the lions’ den, and with Paul when they were persecuting him — God is with you in every situation.
5. HE WILL RESCUE YOU. Remind yourself that God is your rescuer!
6. HE WILL HONOR YOU. When you step out and say you want to give your life to Jesus, God will honor you with His presence and with the substance of His promises.
7. HE WILL SATISFY YOU WITH LONG LIFE. If you are facing alarming symptoms, believe God for healing. God wants the last days of your life to be amazingly fruitful and satisfying!
8. HE WILL LET YOU SEE HIS SALVATION. None of us deserves to be saved. Salvation doesn’t come to people who earn it, but to those who humble themselves and call out to Jesus.
Pastor Jeff Perry
St. Louis Family Church®
If you’ve never asked Jesus to be your Savior, now’s the time to pray this prayer: Dear God, in my heart I believe that Jesus truly is Your Son and that He died for my sins and rose from the dead. I repent for every time I have sinned. I accept Jesus into my life right now, to lead and guide me as my Lord. Thank You for saving me, and thank You that You have a great plan for my life! Amen.
Copyright © 2017 St. Louis Family Church. All rights reserved. No part of this article may be reprinted or distributed in any form without prior written permission of St. Louis Family Church. Unless otherwise noted, all Scripture references are from the New American Standard Bible (NASB) Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission. All rights reserved.