Help Is on the Way
But the Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor—Counselor, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will help you remember everything that I [Jesus] have told you. John 14:26 AMP
SIX WAYS THE HOLY SPIRIT IS OUR HELP:
1. COMFORTER. When we receive comfort from the Holy Spirit not only do we benefit, but we are also activated to go out into the world as shock absorbers and comfort others with that same comfort we have received (2 Corinthians 1:3-4).
2. ADVOCATE. “Put Me in remembrance, let us argue our case together” (Isaiah 43:26a). Jesus has paid the penalty for our sins and has sent the Holy Spirit to defend, support, and vindicate us!
3. INTERCESSOR. The baptism in the Holy Spirit is pure benefit to the whole Body of Christ. When we don’t know what to pray in our finite thinking, we can pray in the Spirit and “the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words . . . according to the will of God” (Romans 8:26-27).
4. COUNSELOR. When we ask the Holy Spirit for help, when we need wisdom, He will always guide us into the truth (John 16:13).
5. STRENGTHENER. In every facet of life, the Holy Spirit comes alongside as our strengthener. What is flimsy and weak in us, He makes strong.
6. STANDBY. What a relief when help shows up! The Holy Spirit is someone we can rely on in a tight situation. He is always the same and He is always available. Take some time to study the Scriptures to see the amazing advantages we have in the presence of the Holy Spirit, our Helper!
God bless you,
Pastor Jeff Perry
St. Louis Family Church®
PRAY THIS PRAYER (BASED ON EPHESIANS 3:16-19):
I pray that God would grant me according to the riches of His glory to be STRENGTHENED with power through His Spirit in the inner man, so that Christ may dwell in my heart through faith; and that I, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth, length, height, and depth and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge—that I may be filled up to all the fullness of God. In Jesus’ Name, amen.
A state of being relaxed and feeling no pain. A feeling of freedom from worry or disappointment. To give moral or emotional strength to (verb).
Copyright © 2017 St. Louis Family Church. All rights reserved. No part of this article may be reprinted or distributed in any form without prior written permission of St. Louis Family Church. Unless otherwise noted, all Scripture references are from the New American Standard Bible (NASB) Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission. All rights reserved. Scripture quotations marked “AMP” “The Amplified Bible” or “The Amplified New Testament” are taken from The Amplified Bible, Old Testament copyright 1965, 1987 by the Zondervan Corporation and The Amplified New Testament copyright 1958, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission. All rights reserved. “Comfort.” Memidex Dictionary/Thesaurus. Web. 27 Sep 2017