Let’s Prepare for Easter 2018!
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you. 1 Peter 1:3-4
I often refer to Easter as the New Year’s Day of the church. This is both a time for us to celebrate Jesus’ resurrection and what He has done in our lives and an opportunity for us to reach people with the Good News!
Here are some ways we can prepare.
1. PRAY FOR THE PEOPLE. As we approach Easter, let’s spend some time in prayer. Pray for the thousands of people who will come to the service on Good Friday, to the Egg Hunt on Saturday, and to Easter Sunday services. Pray for people you know and for the opportunity to invite them to church for Easter weekend. We are believing that people will get saved, rededicated to the Lord, delivered from oppression, and on fire for God!
2. INVITE OTHERS. Let’s stay open to the opportunities God has for us to invite others to church. Be bold to send the text, make the phone call, or ask a friend to come with you.
Your people will volunteer freely in the day of Your power. Psalm 110:3a
3. VOLUNTEER AT CHURCH. Easter weekend and the weeks leading up to it offer great opportunities to plug in and help at church! We will have a clean-up day to help the campus look fresh and inviting, or you can help at the Easter Egg Hunt or during the weekend services. Even if you can’t volunteer in this season, you are an ambassador wherever you go. When you come to church, smile and greet those around you. Believe God for the opportunity to bless someone—it could be life-changing for that person! God is moving in our time, and we get the opportunity to be part of it! So stay fresh in the Word and keep your heart open to what God wants to do through you!
God bless you!
Pastor Jeff Perry
St. Louis Family Church ®
WHAT WE ARE PRAYING FOR AS A CHURCH:
• The leadership of our nation.
• God’s strategy for our church to be revealed.
• Our church to be strong, obedient, and on fire.
• The children of the church—to succeed in life.
• Everyone’s needs to be met abundantly.
To make ready beforehand for some purpose, use, or activity. To put in a proper state of mind.
Copyright © 2018 St. Louis Family Church. All rights reserved. No part of this article may be reprinted or distributed in any form without prior written permission of St. Louis Family Church. Unless otherwise noted, all Scripture references are from the New American Standard Bible (NASB) Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission. All rights reserved. “prepare.” Merriam-Webster.com. Merriam- Webster, n.d. Web. 28 February 2018.