Seven Promises of God’s Provision
1. CONSTANT JOY. “Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice” (Philippians 4:4). God told us that the joy of the Lord is our strength, and it comes from a place so deep that it’s not contingent on what’s going on around us.
2. ABSOLUTE FREEDOM FROM CARE. “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God” (Philippians 4:6). Our creative brains can whip up a lot of variables and “what ifs” that cause anxiety to build up. Prayer is the opposite of worry – it’s talking to God about matters of life and existence and knowing that God hears and answers you!
3. ABSOLUTE PEACE. “And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:7). Jesus is called the Prince of Peace, and He will guard your life as you connect to Him.
4. EVER PRESENT FRIEND. “The God of peace will be with you” (Philippians 4:9b). Jesus said I will never leave you or forsake you. He’s with you!
5. NEVER FAILING CONTENTMENT. “Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity” (Philippians 4:11-12b). God’s grace is available to help us flow through the daily challenges of life and also stay steady through times of great abundance and breakthrough.
6. ALL PREVAILING STRENGTH. “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me” (Philippians 4:13). God is the strength of your life. You can be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. God is strengthening you by might and power in the inner man.
7. INEXHAUSTIBLE SUPPLY. “And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:19). God has an unending amount of strength, love, faithfulness, and grace. Whatever need you have, He can meet it.
God bless you!
Pastor Jeff Perry
St. Louis Family Church®
DAILY CONFESSION BASED ON PHILIPPIANS 4:4-7:
I rejoice in the Lord always. I am anxious for nothing but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving I let my requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard my heart and mind in Christ Jesus.
Incapable of being used up. Incapable of being wearied or worn out.
Copyright © 2018 St. Louis Family Church. All rights reserved. No part of this article may be reprinted or distributed in any form without prior written permission of St. Louis Family Church. Unless otherwise noted, all Scripture references are from the New American Standard Bible (NASB) Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission. “inexhaustible.” Merriam-Webster.com. Merriam-Webster, n.d. 19 December 2018.