But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23
1. LOVE. Loving God and connecting with Him is the best part of life. God is love and His Spirit who dwells within us helps us to respond to others by walking in His love.
2. JOY. When we are going through hard times and we ache, there is a different kind of joy, independent of circumstances, that gives us strength deep down inside us (Nehemiah 8:10).
3. PEACE. God offers us peace that passes understanding (Philippians 4:7). Whatever you are dealing with that stresses you out, depresses you, or makes you feel numb – do not fear. God is an ever-present help in the time of need and He will surely help you!
4. PATIENCE. Patience is the ability to wait calmly for something that is expected and desired.
Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary. Galatians 6:9
5. KINDNESS. Strife cripples, love heals. There is legitimate power in kindness, so take time to consider what might be going on behind the scenes when someone else is acting weird or mean. Don’t be overcome by their irritability – overcome meanness with kindness.
6. GOODNESS. Goodness is love in action. When Jesus comes into our lives, He changes us and makes it possible for us to operate in His goodness.
7. FAITHFULNESS. Every day we can get up and remain committed to our convictions, not backing off, not throwing in the towel!
8. GENTLENESS. Like kindness, gentleness is power under control. It’s humble and full of mercy and love. God’s wisdom from above is gentle and that’s how we can walk out our Christian life toward others.
9. SELF-CONTROL. When we set our priorities to stay sensitive to God’s voice and be aware of what matters most, then we can win in the battles of life.
Pastor Jeff Perry
St. Louis Family Church®
The effect or consequence of an action or operation: product, result.
Copyright © 2019 St. Louis Family Church. All rights reserved. No part of this article may be reprinted or distributed in any form without prior written permission of St. Louis Family Church. Unless otherwise noted, all Scripture references are from the New American Standard Bible (NASB) Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission. All rights reserved. “Fruit.” Merriam-Webster.com. Merriam-Webster, n.d. Web. 11 June 2019.